Sunday, April 22, 2012

Planning next year....already?

If your anything like I am, you've probably been outlining in your mind what you plan on doing in your homeschool next year as soon as this year began.  Next year, I will have four different school ages and a preschooler to contend with.  TL will be entering high school and its just going to be crazy around here.  I'm still planning on doing history together as a family.  TL will be adding in some extra classes, such as computer and spanish.  I have to find time to teach the soon to be 5 year old to read.   So, I've decided to change our schedules.  First, we'll have Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays which will be the days we do the most important subjects: writing, grammer, spelling, reading, bible, and math.  Tuesdays and Thursdays we'll dive into nice long history, science, and art lessons.  TL will also be doing his computer classes on those days.  He'll also be doing a government class for a 1/2 credit but I haven't figured that out yet.

So, his ninth grade looks like this:

Math
English
Spanish
Bible
Computer
Art
Science
History
Government

I also decided to change our school year around.  We're going to do six weeks on and one week off.  Here's how it looks so far:

August 20th-September 28th
(Labor Day off)

October 8th-November 16th
(the week off is Thanksgiving week, yeah)

November 26th-Jan 18th
(we will probably take close to two weeks off for Christmas because my dad will be here during that time.  This will also be the end of the first semester)

January 28th-March 8th
(off for President's day)

March 18th-April 26th

May 6th-June 14th
(memorial day off)

I think I've calculated 177 school days for the year.  This of course, does not include any field trips we may take on our weeks off. 

I've picked out all the curriculum for next year too, although I'm too tired to type that up tonight.  Did I mention, I have to give hubby pain meds every four hours?  Oh, and my laptop seems to have died and it looks like the air conditioning has gone out in my truck (its 95 here this weekend)

Have a wonderful week everyone!

7 comments :

  1. IT looks like a great plan. I can't wait to see what books you picked out. I do hope you get some relief soon. I am sorry about your husband. He must be in terrible pain.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted the list Dawn.
      He is in awful pain, although I keep teasing him. We went to a friend's house last night and by the time we got home (we were gone three hours) he was in a lot of pain and his foot was soooo swollen. I'm not sure how he's going to work this week.

      Delete
  2. Love the plans!
    Have you ever looked into TeenPact for a government credit????
    We have loved our experiences with them. I have it written down somewhere how it counts as a credit for high school, but I think they have to go twice, like two years in a row. It's only for four days each year.

    So sorry about all the bad stuff going on right now. Wish y'all were closer and we could have you over to give you a little break. Hoping you have a nice long smooth stretch soon where nothing goes wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked at them, but CA doesn't have a program. It looks fantastic!! Thanks for the info!

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! I couldn't believe it when I got in the truck last night and the air conditioner wouldn't work. Goodness!! This is just crazy!

      Delete
  3. Hope your hubbys foot heals and the pain stops soon. That cant be any fun!

    Ive got all our stuff ready for next year. Its nice having it all done now so I wont have to worry about it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh, fun. I love looking at new curriculum and stuff!! DO you have your info posted yet? Id love to see what you've picked!

      Delete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!