Saturday, February 15, 2014

Survival Saturday

I plan on taking a trip to Sam's Club at the end of the month to do some stocking up on items.  With six of us at the house, we take advantage of the prices and the amount of goods that they sell.

This week, I will be stocking up some rice, peanut butter, and toothpaste.  An odd combination but I realized that I don't have extras in those areas so I'm getting those done first.  

I also wanted to discuss some inexpensive and great cleaners that you can make and use:


Window cleaner:
1 cup vinegar
1 cup water


Disinfectant spray:
1 cup peroxide
1 cup water


Everyday cleaner:
1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
1 cup rubbing alcohol
several drops of your favorite dish detergent


I switched to these cleaners months ago and love them.  Its nice to have some great cleaners on hand and ones that don't cost a bundle.  I have stocked up on ingredients and can make them in a moments notice.  Its nice not to worry about toxic chemicals polluting my home.

It has finally warmed up here.  We're expecting snow now today because its above 0.  Also, keep the midwest in your prayers.  For those of us that heat with propane, we have been hit hard with high prices.  I just paid over $600 for 200 gallons of propane, which will last 20 days or so.  

Be blessed and have a wonderful week!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!