Friday, October 23, 2009

Our first six weeks is done!

We had a very successful first six weeks, if I do say so for myself. It was busy, especially with a newborn and a toddler. Did I tell you that Little Miss Trouble is an artist? Our walls are her canvas!

I introduced projects this year. TL is currently working on a lapbook of the first ten presidents; so far, he has completed four. The girls just finished a lapbook on Cycle of Life for Animals. It was very interesting. While TL finishes up his lapbook, the girls will be working first on a lapbook about deer and then butterflies-their choices. We get all of our lapbooks at Hands of a Child. You can click the link on the side and it will take you right to their website. We love them and I love that all the research is done for me and that each lapbook can be adjusted to the different age groups.

I also started Spanish this past week. We're just learning basics this year-counting, days, some phrases, and lots of vocabulary. That's going well. We only do about ten minutes a day, but its great.

The most promising thing is the Passport Club. We are so enjoying learning the different countries. The kids are doing really well and I must say that I'm enjoying learning where countries are located. How embarrassing that I can't identify most of the countries in Africa and Europe is quite a blur! With new countries, I can't seem to keep any of it straight anymore!

I'm looking forward to having this week off. My dad will be here tomorrow and the kids are so looking forward to having Grandpa buy them stuff, I mean, spend time with them. We're hopefully off for lots of sight seeing, so I'll be sure to post pictures.

On a side note, please keep my Aunt Vivian in your prayers. After her doctor telling her for weeks that she should be in pain because of her elderly age, she changed doctors. She filled with cancer, most of it is in her bones. She has deteriorated alot this past week. Right now, she's in hospice care and it could be any time. I'm so sorry that I didn't get to go home this summer like I had planned. We're losing a wonderful part of our family. She is filled with so many family stories and information. I'm thankful that I started asking questions a few years ago about our family. She has filled in many blanks and given me so much information. I encourage you to have your children interview their grandparents, great grandparents, etc and find out more about your family. In fact, I will be posting a list of questions that I'm having Trey ask his grandparents. I will be buying a digital recorder, because it will be wonderful to listen to stories years from now!!

Blessings to all!

3 comments :

  1. Enjoy your break! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great start to the year! How wise you are to learn from your ancestors and have your children do the same. I have regretted many times not asking my grandma about some things, always thinking I had more time. I am sorry about your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A successful six weeks! A newborn and a toddler? Bless your soul! I've lifted you up in prayer today!! :o) (Really, I have!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!