Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ending the first week

This week was our first week of school. We did only half days, actually completing all subjects but writing and history/science. Not too bad. The kids worked hard and got alot of work done quickly. Today was the best day. For the different subjects, I ended up moving to the dining room table and moving the kids in one by one for some mommy instruction time. This worked much better than the last few days, which included constant interruptions. If I'm not in the room, they couldn't ask me a question. Most subject intruction took only a few minutes and I'd check between them to see if there were any questions. With all this up and down and walking back and forth (it must be at least fifteen feet one way from the dining room table to the schoolroom), I will hopefully lose some more baby weight, lol.

I was hoping to post pictures from the passport club materials, but my computer is giving me fits and I just didn't want to deal with it tonight.

In another effort to make school more interesting, and of course, learn even more geography, we have decided to do flat travelers this year. I send emails out to some friends and got everyone to agree to host a flat friend for a while. This is wonderful news and will be alot of fun for the kids. I also just found a yahoo group the deals with flat travelers. There are over 700 members of this group and a giant list of all participants (you must include your own info on this list). You can look up different locations and email to see if they would like to exchange flat friends. It looks like a wonderful group-but be warned. It took over a week for the moderator to approve me for membership. This group is also very active and you may want to see about doing a daily digest instead of individual emails. I've received over twenty emails today. Here is the info.
www.flat_travelers_homeschool@yahoogroups.com

If you are interested in exchanging flat friends, please let me know. We would love to host your flat friend!

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like you are doing well. Throw a pedometer on your belt and you will be surprised by how many steps you take while homeschooling.
    The flat traveler sounds interesting along with the passport club.
    Twisted - now at
    eatfartandbark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!