Saturday, April 5, 2014

Survival Saturday

I'm excited.  Tomorrow I am going to a Preppers convention.  I hope to find out some information about living off the grid and water purification.  

This week the trees arrive.  I'm a little disappointed with the company because they are supposed to hold them until the zone is ready for planting.  We still have snow and with a 7 foot frost depth, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be planting yet.

This week I got 1/2 beef and 1/2 pig:



It is so nice to have a stocked freezer.  Now I can concentrate on stocking up my pantry for the next few months.  I'm excited to have all this meat....grilling season is upon us!

I've narrowed down the seeds that I need so I'm getting those together and ready to start.  I'm going to work on an herb garden this year also, which I'm very excited about. I'm trying to decide if I should do planters and then move them in in the winter, or just stick to a garden and dry some for the winter.

Praying that you have a wonderful week!

1 comment :

  1. Oh! The energy you have! Your freezer looks lovely.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!