Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Reading lists for the coming year

I have been working on a preliminary list for next year's literature work.  I may end up tweaking it more, but this is what it looks like so far:

TL-11th grade

To Kill a Mockingbird
Last of the Mohicans
Animal Farm
Lord of the Flies
Fahrenheit 451
Prince and the Pauper
Cricket on the Hearth
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
All Quiet on the Western Front
Study and Watch three Shakespeare plays: Hamlet, Richard, Taming of the Shrew
Poetry study


Princess-7th Grade

Phantom Tollbooth
The Long Winter
Bridge to Terabithia
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMPH
The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Cricket in Times Square
Poetry study



Bug-a-bug-6th grade

By the Shores of Silver Lake
Nim's Island
Best Christmas Pagaent Ever
Pollyanna
From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E.  Frankweiler
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Twenty-one Balloons

1 comment :

  1. What wonderful lists! I have never read Phantom Toolbooth. I will have to add that to my kids reading list.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!