Monday, April 11, 2011

Last week and TJEd

Last week was just crazy.  I had class on Wednesday night and again on Friday night.  Its a speech class, so I had to take it inseat.  The first speech was an introduction speech, I got a 5/5.  This last speech I got a 96/100 with two of those points being deducted because I went over my time.  I'm supposed to write a one to two page essay on things I can improve on.  I have her grading sheet to look at but I'm not realy sure that I can get a whole page written about saying a couple of uhm's. 

Saturday I went to an all day seminar regarding Thomas Jefferson education.  It was very interesting.  I can definitely see how I can install some of its concepts into our home.  I will not however, do it all.  Its a little too like unschooling to me in some ways.  I need to be in control.....type A and the need to ensure a good education does that to me. 

Yesterday I spent cleaning, doing laundry, and doing homework.  Not something I like to do on Sundays, but I ran out of time with this crazy week.  Have a wonderful week everyone!!

3 comments :

  1. I have to agree with you on TJED, I can't do ALL of it either. My son definitely works better with a more structured way of learning.
    I believe in the philosophy of TJED though...leadership instead of whatever you want to call non-homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm...good...uhm...post. Ah...yep, that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have postcards and are waiting to send them. Drop by, click on my postcard button over on my side bar about discussing the details and it should take you to my email so you can give me your address so I'll know where to send them.
    Oh, and we would be more than happy to have your family roll up in your camper. Although, weare a ways away from where your grandfather grew up.
    Funny thing, you and I have had so many things in common, the camper deal, traveling the U.S. is something I want to do also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!