Friday, October 8, 2010

blog, what blog?

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.  I had finals last week and spent the better part of the week studying.  This was between eye doctor appts, dentist appts, and whatever else came up.  I ended up getting an A in my civil war class and a B in my Latin American history class.  Not too bad.  Onto the Vietnam war and a silly computer class.  Back in the dark ages, when I originally started college, we didn't have to take computer classes.  I decided to wait until this term to do it since its only a 100 level class and the holidays are coming up.  The only issue is that the book has been made up by the college and is $240.  I'm going to look on amazon and see if I can buy the three books that they used to build this book for less money.

The kids have been busy with school.  They're doing well and moving along.  Yesterday we went to an apple orchard and picked applies, watched the cider press in action, and learned how they sort the apples.  I know have thirty pounds of apples to can tomorrow.  Apple butter, applesauce, and apple pie filling.  Yum.

I've also planned some quilting, reading, adn genealogy work.  I'd better get working cause I only have a week left!

Oh, and my camera is dead and I didn't realize the other camera wasn't charged until when we were walking out the door so no photos from yesterday.  I'll make up for it next week when we go up to get macintosh apples, that's when they'll be in season.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments :

  1. I can't even imagine trying to take classes and raising and homeschooling the children. Kudos to you for doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's alive!

    Glad to read that everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!