Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Civil War

I have two final exams next week adn should be studying. That's okay because Deadlist Catch distracted me last night too. And we're in the middle of birthday week-daddy's was on Monday. TL's is on Friday. Friday is also the day that our Japanese friend sends her 12 year old son to stay with us for a month. Tacty is a wonderful boy and good friend to TL. TL can't wait to see his buddy.

We're full of hosting. My inlaws, brother in law and two nieces arrive the week after and when they leave in August my dad comes to visit. When dad arrives, we're going camping in Cle Elum, WA which is 3 miles from Roslyn, Wa-which is where they filmed Northern Exposure. Can't wait to eat at the Brick, take my photo in front of the Roslyn sign and see Ruth Ann's grave. yippee!

My real reason for this post is that I received my September issue of Family Tree Maker Magazine today. In there is an article about the developments that are endangering Civil War battlefieds. The most endangered are:

Camp Allegheny, WV
Cedar Creek, VA
Fort Stevens, Washington, DC
Gettysburg, PA
Picacho Peak, AZ
Pickett's Mill, GA
Richmond, KY
South Mountain, MD
Thoroughfare Gap, VA
Wilderness, VA

You can go to their website for more information. Their website is also a huge tool for lesson plans and such. Look around a bit, I was amazed at all the information regarding the Civil War. Looks good for my Civil War class starting in a few weeks.

Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. Wow! I am from Washington, D.C. and I have never heard of Fort Stevens. That is kinda of sad. HMMM! I hope you do well on your exams and then can relax with all of your guests.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!