Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer plans

As I'm writing this, I see out my window....could it be?......yes, it is the sun peeking out from behind the clouds.  I'm praying that it warms up (we've still had the heat on especially at night) and gets sunny out to help my garden.  Things are starting to pop up out of the ground but there aren't any bees around with the cold weather and rain.  I'm wondering if I'm going to have to take matters into my own hand and help out the plants.

I had planned on schooling with our shortened summer schedule through June.  I forgot to take into account Vacation Bible School at our church this week which runs in the evening.  It makes for a long day and night, and late bed times.  I've been letting the kids sleep in to try so that they aren't so grumpy at VBS.

I believe that we will run through the end of June and then take July completely off.  We have birthdays, camps, and of course, the fourth of July.  We'll start again on our easy schedule for a few weeks in August before starting in on our heavy fall schedule.  I'll add a little to our schedule each week starting at the end of August.  My mom is coming to visit at the end of September so we will take that week off and then head into the thick of it again.  I'm going to try to do several weeks on and then a week off.  Everyone likes the break, including myself and it allows me time to get things done around the house.  I function much better with order.

This summer we'll be doing a lot of work around the farm trying to get it into shape.  We have several state parks nearby that we want to explore and a swimming hole at the end of our street that the kids can go to.  They call it the swimming pool but its really a pond that has lifeguards and swim lessons.  Should be a good time, if it ever warms up that is.

Take care everyone and enjoy your summer!!

Michelle

4 comments :

  1. I wish I could send you some bees. We have a lot of clover in the back yard and a lot of bees buzzing around it. Hope got stung the other day while she was out there.
    I never did get a veggie garden in :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! Poor thing!! I hope she's feeling better. I'm sorry you didn't get a veggie garden in. I would love to share if we ever get any veggies.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like some really great plans for the summer. I really like the swimming pool, lol.
    Been reading down your blog, we have had a lot of rain too. Glad to see you all have been well.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad someone is keeping an eye on it.
    Good to catch up on you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop by and let you know we would be praying for you all and the stomach bug. Hope you all are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!