Friday, May 11, 2012

Military spouses blog hop





Hi!!  My name is Michelle and I'm originally from WNY, y'know lots of snow and the superbowl losers for four years in a row.  But, we do have great chicken wings, bison chip dip, and beef on weck.

I moved to VA in 1993 and  met my hubby, who was stationed there in 1995.  We married in 1996.  Since then, we've had five kids and moved five times.  Our first move wasn't until 2002.  We went to Japan for 10  months, moved to Lemoore, CA for 2 years, back to Japan for three years, over to Whidbey Island, WA for 2.5 years and now we're back in Lemoore.

My hubby is Navy and going on 24 years of service this year.  He is a surface rate.  He actually is the Maintanence Master Chief of one of the fighter squadrons here.  He does deploy to air craft carriers.  We've done nine deployments together.  Some lasted only three months, most were six, a few were almost eight.  I can't even count the number of workups he's done.  Workups are "getting ready for deployment"  and they generally last one week to six. 

Today is Military Spouses Appreciation Day.  I have to say, without my fellow sisters/spouses, these absences from my husband would have been very difficult.  For the most part, we've never been around family; we're usually overseas or on the other side of the continent.  To all my wonderful friends, and all the other military spouses, have a wonderful day!!!

We have five kiddos.  I can't download any current photos (I just realized the ones on the sidebar are almost two years old now) because my laptop doesn't seem to want to start up.  TL is the only boy and the oldest.  He turns 14 soon.  Princess is 11, Bug-a-bug will be 9 soon, Little Miss Trouble is 4, and the Monkey is 2. 

We do homeschool our kids.  When we got orders back here to Lemoore, I'll be honest I wasn't thrilled.  Its way too hot here for this northern chick.  We have been on the west coast or overseas for years and because of it, I haven't been home much.  Our deal was to upgrade our travel trailer to our fifth wheel and live in it. You can see our home here.http://www.eagleeyeacademy.blogspot.com/2011/05/heritage-history.html The kids and I will travel during the summer.  This year, we leave in  July to head back up to WA to visit some friends.  I think we're going to head back through MT, WY, and CO since I've never been there.  Next summer we're leaving in May and traveling across the country and seeing everything we can along the way.

I am currently finishing my bachelor's degree.  I will be done in December!!  Yeah!  I love to read, quilt, and do genealogy research.  I have a quilting and genealogy blog but I rarely have time to update them.  I also like to scrapbook, although can't do that here, so I'm switching to digital scrapbooking. 

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Please leave a message so I know who you are and where you're from.

7 comments :

  1. Stopping by from the blog hop. :) We're a Reserve family in the Midwest, and I was actually homeschooled when I was a kid.

    Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle!

    I'm visiting from the MilSpouse Blog Hop! Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day to you!

    I don't know how you think straight with five kids.. LOL! I can barely form an adult sentence with my two boys, most of the time! You are definitely a SuperMom!

    It is nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hi* from another homeschooling mom :)

    Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 5 kids in a fifth wheel, you are awesome!
    We are also currently in Cali.
    Happy (a little late) MilSpouse Appreciation day and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live in a camper, too! We just moved in about a month ago :) Happy MilSpouse & Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know we had a MIlSpouse Day. Cool! You are one amazing mom. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am a little late from the BlogHop but I wanted to say that you have a beautiful family! It was nice to meet you! I just finished my degree in May. Happy belated military spouse appreciation day and Mother's Day!!!! Amanda

    mickandmackarmyadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!