Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekly wrap up

We took two extra days off this week.  We didn't intend too, but Monkey woke up with a high fever on Thursday and covered in spots.  She wouldn't sleep and finally at 2:30am, I had to wake up Kevin to take her to the Urgent Care center.  I couldn't find my military id and you can't go unless you have it.  He took her and they determined that it was not chicken pox, but a viral infection.  They gave us benadryl to give her.  I slept for about 45 minutes while they were gone and woke up to give her the medicine.  Lucky me, she's one of those kids that gets hyper on benadryl and it was 7:30 before either of us slept.  Thankfully, my big kids shut my door and took care of Little Miss Trouble while I slept for three hours. 

Kevin came home from work at noon and I set out to buy us clothes to wear to his Christmas party that night.  We didn't pack dressy clothes and I'd rather buy than search through a 10x30 foot storage unit that's packed to the ceiling with boxes and furniture.  He's been working 6-7 days a week for 12-14 hours days for the last three weeks, otherwise I would have had this done already.  And, Arby, thanks for the best wishes.  The inspection went pretty well.   I also got a haircut, the first in four months.  I didn't want to go looking like a shaggy dog. 

The party started at 6 with dinner at 7.  This was probably the best food we've ever had at a holiday party.  Dancing and door prizes and I headed home at 10 to put myself and kids to bed.  Thankfully, we're just across the parking lot from the restaurant.  I got home to find that TL had cleaned the entire fifth wheel.  Vaccumed, picked up, and the trash was ready to go out.  I was impressed.  This is not the first time he's done this for us.  I was especially thankful because I was so tired. 

Yesterday, the kids had bowling league and then some friends came over.  We decided to treat ourselves to dinner and then we went to Fresno to Christmas Tree Lane.  It took over an hour sitting in traffic to go down the street and then over an hour to drive down it.  That with a 45 minute drive there and back, it was a long night.  We finally got home at 10:30 and the girls had a sleepover here and TL went to spend the night with his friend.

Woke up this morning and went to the grocery store and then baked 11 dozen cookies for the single sailors.  I'm wiped!!

I don't plan on homeschooling this week.  Unfortunately, I have to still mail out some boxes, get a little shopping done, and do some baking.  I am planning on finishing up the grades for the last six weeks and getting the report cards to the kids.  TL has one more Oregon Trail  class this week on Currclick.  Next session he's going to study Two Towers.  The girls are going to do a class on one of the Little House books.  I've decided to do this because our local homeschooling group is so horrible.  The leaders have high schoolers and the only few activities that are planned are geared for that age group.  I've volunteered and so has several others, to plan stuff for younger ages and its "frowned upon".  They only have two meetings a month and no mother's nights out.  They won't print out a directory so that you could even cold call people with children in your age.  I'm very disappointed.  It wasn't like this when we lived here before.

Anyway, I have lesson plans to work on and some housekeeping homeschooling stuff to do. 

I'm off right now, because Monkey decided to flood the second bath and now I have four loads of sheets and towels to wash.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!