Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Five days!!

I should be in a panic.  The movers come in five days.  I'm really not.  I'm lucky to have to pack up the camper, and although it will be stuffed to the top, we'll have everything we need for the next six months.  As of right now, all the school books are in.  That took up alot of space, but we need them so they have to fit. 

I'll be moving in bedding, food, and clothes this weekend.  All the other odds and ends, plus toiletries.  It will be stuffed until I can't stuff anymore. 

My hubby bought a new truck yesterday.  We've been married 15 years and this is the first new vehicle we've bought.  Overseas tours make it difficult to buy new.  We're excited.  Even as light as the camper was, it was difficult for the Yukon over mountains and hills.  At one point in West VA, TL asked if he should get out and help push it up the hill.  I think we were doing 15mph.    It was sad.  Anyway, we'll save the wear and tear on the Yukon and be able to keep that for many more years. 

I'm still trying to talk hubby into upgrading into a 5th wheel and just living in that.  He'll be gone alot and this will give the kids and I the flexibility to travel and see family.  Living on the west coast with all the family on the east coast means not many trips home.  Its just too expensive.  Plus, wouldn't it be cool to visit the civil war battlefields while studying the civil war.

Yeah, I may have to work on him some!!  Have a great week!

2 comments :

  1. I'll be nervous for you :)
    Our IRL military friends are moving out on Friday and she has been in a flurry of activity, not knowing when the big truck will arrive at their new home.

    It sounds like you have it all planned out and under control. It would be fun to get a new vehicle, I imagine.
    Hope it all goes smoothly for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move!! It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun travels!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!