Thursday, April 23, 2020

I've finally returned

It's been almost two years since I've posted so much has happened and our world is upside down now the covid-19.  We are in our fifth week of quarantine and it certainly has changed and challenged our lives.

Update on the last two years:


Homeschooling:

  • I have been working full-time for the last year.  I work retail and mostly evenings which allows me the flexibility of still homeschooling.  
  • Hallie graduated last year and Courtnee graduates next year.  Trey graduated from a welding/machine repair program in December and is working full-time
  • Kailyn and Tylar are completing 7th and 5th grade this year
  • We still participate in a wonderful co-op, that sadly stopped in March because of the virus.
Homestead:
  • We added cows and goats to our homestead.  We've had several calves and kids born this last year.  
  • This year, we're adding more chicks (egg layers).  The last two years, we raised meat birds but decided not to do that this year.
  • We are increasing our garden this year by adding corn and potatoes.  I am excited to add both of these.  We are also adding 70 strawberry plants and 4 raspberry plants.  We added two pear trees last year and we're adding another one this year along with 2 plum trees and two peach trees.  
  • I finished an introductory course on herbalism this year.  I am adding 6 different herbs to our gardens; echinachea, st. John's wort, mullein, calendula, chamomile, and yarrow.  I've found a nice mulberry bush on our fence line so I'm excited to pick those this year.  I've also foraged elderberry and nettle on our property.  And I can't wait for the dandelions to come in so I can make some dandelion jelly.  I only made one batch last year and it delicious; tastes like honey.


Quilting projects:
So many projects so little time. I'm working on hand quilting the quilt for Courtnee that I started several years ago.


Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment :

  1. Welcome back. We are entering our 8th week of stay home stay safe. We are tired but know it is what we need to do for our medically fragile son. You have been very, very busy.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!